Cruz Conde 2 of 2
The story of Cruz Conde starts in 1902 with the army Commandant Mr. Rafael Cruz Conde, which founded the Cellar in 1902 in order to produce, age and commercialize the best wines from the Montilla-Moriles area.
As a result of the intense wine activity, Cruz Conde became one of the most important wineries in the area, equipped with a great infrastructure. The activity development enabled the construction of a subterranean cellar composed by 6 vaulted naves and other cellars with an exceptional architecture.
In 1925, his Majesty the King Alfonso XIII gave Cruz Conde the title of “Official Supplier of the Royal House”, gaining recognition nationally for its wine activity. Since then, the products from Cruz Conde received many awards for their quality both in national and international competitions, such as Brussells, Peñin, ISW, Prowein, Vinoble, Mezquita, Berlin, Lyon, etc.
In the 1930s, the founder of Bodegas Cruz Conde created the actual Destilerías La Cordobesa as a complement of the wine-making activity. The range of wines was supplemented with a line of top-quality spirits. The distillery is equipped with very old copper stills, which are still used nowadays for the traditional distillation of the products.
The story of Cruz Conde starts in 1902 with the army Commandant Mr. Rafael Cruz Conde, which founded the Cellar in 1902 in order to produce, age and commercialize the best wines from the Montilla-Moriles area.Read more